- Copyright Compliance Form - PDF
- Update to Committee Form - PDF
- Request for Thesis/Dissertation Embargo - PDF
Instructions for Submitting Your Thesis/Dissertation to ProQuest - PDF
- Guidelines for Preparation and Submission of Theses, Dissertations, and Synthesis Projects (UPDATED FALL 2022) - PDF
- Fall 2022 Guidelines Revision Highlights - Highlights
- Title and Approval Page Template - Word Doc
Spring 2023 Graduation Clearance Guidance
Refer to the University academic calendar on the Registrar’s website for a complete list of dates and deadlines.
- April 11 is the deadline for chairpersons to submit the Preliminary Approval of Thesis, Dissertation, or DNP Synthesis Project Manuscript Webform and students to submit the Defended Manuscript Submission and Contact Information Webform. Submission of these forms initiates the Graduate School final manuscript review and approval process.
- April 24 is the deadline for students to complete written and/or oral examinations.
- April 24 is the deadline for students to submit the final, Grad-School-approved copy of the thesis/dissertation/synthesis project manuscript on archival paper.
Individual graduate programs set the expectations for preliminary/comprehensive/qualifying exams and defenses (prospectus/projects/thesis/ dissertation/synthesis projects). The Department of Modern Languages does so for foreign language proficiency exams. In all cases, the Graduate School has ended the modification put into place during the COVID-19 disruption that required these milestone exams and presentations be conducted remotely through videoconferencing platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams (accessed through University licenses).
The Graduate School returned to assigning outside observers to thesis, dissertation, and synthesis project defenses/presentations as required by University policy. Outside observers also may be requested using the Outside Observer Request Form.
To report a successful defense and to initiate the final review and approval process of a thesis, dissertation, or DNP synthesis project the following two things must happen:
- Graduate Faculty Members: The committee chairperson must report the successful defense and committee approval of the manuscript by completing the new Preliminary Approval of Thesis, Dissertation, or DNP Synthesis Project Manuscript Webform.
- Graduating Students: The manuscript author and graduating student must provide key information to guide our editors in the manuscript review process by completing the new Defended Manuscript Submission and Contact Information Webform.
Receipt of these two webforms triggers the Graduate School (1) to provide instructions to the graduating student on how to upload their manuscript for our final review and approval process and (2) to confirm from each committee member their approval of both the defense and the manuscript.
Through Spring 2022, please refer also to the Guidance for Submitting Forms at https://gradschool.louisiana.edu/covid19#.