You are here

I was admitted on conditional status. How do I gain regular status?

All international students who do not have a degree from an American university are admitted in conditional status. Additionally, students are admitted in conditional status for reasons such as a low GPA and/or low standardized test scores (GRE or GMAT). A student admitted in conditional status must complete the "Petition for Regular Status" and return it to the Graduate School office. The form is located under Downloadable Forms.

To be eligible to submit a Petition for Regular Status, a student must either:

  1. Successfully complete 12 hours of graduate credit with a 3.00 grade point average or better and no more than one grade of 'C', OR
  2. Submit satisfactory GRE/GMAT scores, OR
  3. Both, as applicable to their situation.