Stay up to date on your application and check your admission status from the comfort of your computer.
If you have questions about what application materials have been received and/or are still needed, you can view your completed application and its status through the admissions login using your username and password. From there, access your current application and your "Submit Supplemental Items" page will display information on the status of letters of recommendations, submitted items, transcripts, test scores, and more.
What Steps Will My Application Go Through?
Regardless of when you applied, your application will move through the following stages as we work towards your admissions decision:
- Application Received - Your application has been received. During this stage, our office is reviewing your transcripts and verifying the accreditation of your previous institutions. Your program may also be reviewing your application at this time. This stage may last anywhere from several days to a few weeks, depending on the number of institutions you attended, whether transfer credits appear on your transcripts, the volume of applications we receive, and the semester you've applied for.
- Application Incomplete - Your application is missing something. You will receive an automated email from our office with details about your missing credentials (e.g., a letter of reference or a transcript) on a regular basis. Your application will remain in this stage until we receive all materials required for an application to be reviewed and a decision made.
- Awaiting Program Decision - Your transcripts have been evaluated and your program is reviewing your complete application. The time-to-decision varies widely among programs. Because of the great variation by program, our office cannot say with certainty when an admission decision will be made. You may contact the Graduate Coordinator for updates during this time.
- Final Review - Your program has made its recommendation as to admission. Our office is conducting a final review of your materials and preparing a decision letter. This stage doesn't take long so be patient. We do our best to issue a decision quickly but our speed does depend upon the volume of applications being processed.
- Decision Made - Your decision is posted and your letter will be available within one business day. You will receive an email from our office when your letter is ready to view through your application dashboard.
If you have questions about your checklist or the status of your application, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (337) 482-6965.
After All Materials Are Submitted
Once we have received your application for graduate studies, the non-refundable application fee, and all required materials (e.g., test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, program-specific requirements), the Graduate School conducts an initial review of your application. We then consult with the program to which you applied so that the the program can offer a recommendation as to your admission. Once an admission decision has been made, the Graduate School will contact you via email.