Applying to Graduate School at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is as easy as 1,2,3!
Before You Apply
1. Find your program and get in touch with your graduate coordinator. They’re a great resource for any department-specific questions you may have, and can provide valuable information on funding and program expectations. You can also start preparing any supplemental items that may be required by your program, such as a statement of purpose or your resume.
2. Talk to potential references for your letters of recommendation. The Graduate School requires three letters of recommendation to go along with your application. Seek out individuals who can speak to both your academic and professional experience. For best practices and more information, check out our blog.
3. Request all transcripts and required test scores from your respective institutions. They can sometimes take a while to arrive and, the sooner we get them, the faster your application will be ready for evaluation!
Apply for Graduate School
4. Complete our online application. Make sure the information you provide is accurate. This helps the University’s decision-making process go as smoothly as possible.
5. Pay your application fee. Upon submission of your application, you may select to "Pay Now" to pay using a debit or credit card. If you choose "Pay Later" you may pay the application fee online at a later date by logging into the application portal and selecting "Pay Application Fee."
If you would like to pay with a check or money order instead, you can pay in person at the Graduate School, or send a check or money order to:
UL Lafayette Graduate School
PO Box 43716
Lafayette, LA 70504-3716
Application fees are:
Complete Your Application
6. Submit all required and supplemental items. Once you submit your application and pay your application fee (or after you select “Pay Later”), your application will be created, but it isn’t completed! Make sure you have all additional items completed and turned in as soon as possible. Many documents have specific required forms and applications associated with them. Visit our resources page for assistantship applications, immunization forms, and more.
Documents must be submitted at least 30 days before the beginning of the semester for which admission is sought, and at least 90 days for applications from foreign countries. Some graduate programs only accept students in specific semesters and have earlier deadlines. All of these documents should be submitted directly to the Graduate School or uploaded directly to your application portal.