Congratulations on your acceptance to the Graduate School at UL Lafayette! We are excited to welcome you to our community of scholars.
Here are your next steps. Taking these actions now will prepare you well for the start of your graduate studies.
1. Activate your ULID username and create a password.
Take note of your ULID username, which can be found on your admission letter. Then, carefully follow the instructions to activate and create a password for your ULID. Once activated, you’ll use your ULID to access your University email, Moodle, ULink, and to register for classes.
2. Update or submit Proof of Immunization Compliance.
If you have not already done so, submit the University Proof of Immunization Compliance form through the application portal.
Here are some important reminders about immunizations:
- Information about the immunization requirements can be found on the Student Health Services website here.
- You will not be permitted to register for classes until Student Health Services has reviewed and approved your immunization status.
- If you will be an international student on an F1 VISA, we cannot issue an I-20 until Student Health Services has reviewed and approved your immunization status.
- While you may request a waiver for one or more of the required immunizations by completing the University Request for Exemption from Immunizations form, the Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire (page 2 of the Proof of Immunization Compliance form) is required and cannot be waived.
- To submit, you can (a) combine all pages as one PDF and upload them to your application portal, or (b) email them directly to email@example.com, or (c) fax them to 337-482-1872.
3. Be advised by your graduate coordinator or advisor.
Your admission letter identifies your graduate coordinator or advisor.
If you have been admitted to a graduate program other than the MBA program, email this individual to set up an advising appointment. If you are an MBA student, no action is needed on your part; the MBA advisor will contact you shortly about advising.
After you’ve been advised, your advising hold will be lifted so that you can register for classes.
Are you in a program that is delivered 100% online? If so, you must complete the Orientation for Online Students before scheduling an advising appointment. Complete the online orientation by following these steps:
- Access Moodle.
- If you are not already logged into Moodle, the University access page will come up. Log in with your ULID and password.
- Locate and complete the Moodle course named “Orientation – Students in Online Programs.”
- Upon completion, you will be emailed (at your UL email address) a Certificate of Completion. Email a copy of this certificate to your graduate coordinator or advisor. They will not schedule an advising appointment or lift your advising hold until you have provided it.
4. Register for classes.
5. Complete the New Graduate Student Orientation.
The Graduate School New Student Orientation introduces the skills, resources, and support essential to success in grad school at UL Lafayette. This virtual, on-demand orientation is available to you in Moodle after you register for classes.
Reminder: Students in 100% online programs also must complete the Orientation – Students in Online Programs Moodle course. The Graduate School New Student Orientation above cannot be substituted for the required Online Program Orientation.