Graduate School applicants who participated in and successfully completed the McNair Scholars Program as an undergraduate are eligible to receive a graduate non-refundable application fee waiver and may be eligible to receive a tuition and fee waiver.
The graduate non-refundable application fee at UL Lafayette will be waived upon receipt of a signed letter (on letterhead) from a McNair Director stating that the applicant is a successful completer of the McNair Scholars undergraduate program. The letter should accompany the graduate application packet.
McNair Graduate Scholars Program: UL Lafayette will offer up to 20 graduate tuition and fee waivers (for two years) to qualified master’s level applicants. Interested applicants should make application to the UL Lafayette Graduate School. To be admitted to a graduate program, applicants must:
- provide transcripts from all universities or colleges attended;
- have an overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.75, or 3.0 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work completed;
- must have acceptable GRE or GMAT scores;
- must provide three letters of recommendation; and
- must provide any other application materials required by departments.
In addition to all other required application materials, the McNair Graduate Scholars Program application packet should include:
- a signed letter (on letterhead) from a McNair Director stating that the applicant is a successful completer of a McNair Scholars undergraduate program (The letter submitted for the graduate application fee will suffice);
- a personal letter with contact information (sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice) indicating that he/she is applying for the McNair Graduate Scholars Program tuition and fee waiver; and
- three letters of recommendation.
Immediately after being admitted to a UL Lafayette master’s degree program, the student must contact the Dean of the Graduate School at 337-482-6963 to schedule a meeting to discuss the McNair Graduate Scholar Program and the opportunities available for volunteer service to departments.
Recipients of the McNair Graduate Scholars Program receive a waiver of tuition and most fees and are required to take a minimum of nine hours of graduate course work each fall and spring semester and six hours each summer semester (if enrolled in the summer).