The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration program is a 15 graduate credit-hour online academic offering designed for those who have already completed a bachelor's degree program in a non-business discipline. It is designed to provide a basic, working knowledge in each of the business functional areas.
The certificate is designed for students who:
- are interested in gaining knowledge and competencies in business fundamentals,
- would like to develop skills to operate more effectively in business organizations, to meet the demands of new careers in management, or to advance their professional goals or careers,
- would like to take some graduate-level business courses without having to commit to pursuing an MBA, or
- are interested in pursuing an MBA degree.
The program is intended to be an additional credential or enhancement, not a substitute for a graduate degree. Toward this end, the certificate may be pursued prior to or in conjunction with an MBA degree with up to 15 hours of credit transferability. Students completing the five-course program will earn a graduate certificate that will appear on their permanent transcripts.
Because courses in this program will be available only through online distance learning it may not be available to all applicants. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette and its online programs must be authorized in states prior to offering those courses or programs to students residing in those states. (Visit the Office of Distance Learning to learn more.) International students also may not be eligible. According to U.S. immigration regulations, F-1 students cannot pursue online degrees; international students in other visa categories (i.e., H-4, L2) are exempt from this restriction.
If you are an out-of-state student enrolling in an online program at UL Lafayette, you automatically receive the in-state tuition incentive. That means you pay the in-state tuition amount instead of the out-of-state costs.
In addition to the general admission requirements of the Graduate School for certificate programs, an applicant should submit the following items for admission:
- Online application for admission
- Application fee
- Official transcripts showing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score is not required for admission to the certificate program. (Certificate program students who also seek admission to the MBA program must meet all of that program’s admission requirements.)
Students must successfully complete all five (5) courses listed below with a grade of "B" or better to receive the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration:
- MBA 500: Survey of Accounting
- MBA 501: Survey of Economics and Finance
- MBA 502: Survey of Management and Management Information Systems
- MBA 503: Survey of Marketing and the Legal Environment of Business
- MBA 504: Survey of Statistics and Operations Management
Mr. Robert Viguerie
Phone: (337) 482-5882
Moody Hall, 328